Friday, January 6, 2012

Lil' Bit of Everything

Today I helped Heather move. She is moving into a new place, which kind of stinks for her because it isn't worth unpacking for just 40 days before having to leave for 6 months. Plus the apartment they are moving into is for sale and so if it sells while she is in Germany her cousin will have to move her stuff for her. So it is better if she just leaves stuff packed.

I have been having weird dreams lately. One dream is that I lose my camera on BSU campus and I can't find it anywhere and so then I can't take it to Germany with me. I think this is the second time I have had this dream. So I think it is safe to say that I have a fear of losing my camera before I leave. I had another one but I can't remember what it was about but it was also a bad dream and had something to do with Germany.

Some other fears, I guess if you want to call them that, is that I am not asking enough or the right questions. I see Iris and Ben online and I keep thinking I should be asking them questions so that I am prepared and that I have everything I need and that there are no surprises. I am kind of a control freak. So I am a little freaked out when I think I should be asking questions but I have none.

Lately I have been keeping myself busy because my sister is in town visiting. She will be the one picking me up at the airport when I fly to Libby Tuesday evening. The hotel has been slow and so hours have been cut, so I haven't been working as much. Facebook gets boring after a while so it is good Becky is here to help occupy my time.

Once I get back from Libby I am planning on going to as many German classes as I can. Of course they are not mandatory but I feel like that will help me get back some of the German that I have lost over the winter break.  So that I think will also make the time go a little faster, however, once I get back from my parents I will only have four-ish weeks left.

My "to-do" list was getting smaller but I keep thinking of more things to add to it so now it is growing again. Also I have been adding things like "ask if I should take ____" or "ask if I can buy ____ there". I know for sure I am taking my tennis racket with me but I have recently been wondering about soccer stuff. I would like to play and I think there are soccer clubs I could join. The soccer stuff I have here isn't of super great quality so I am contemplating just buying new stuff...but then again it is less money I have to travel. So it is still up in the air whether or not I will take the soccer stuff.

Everyday brings new questions and answers. I just have to make sure I stay up on my lists and trust that I have done the best I can to prepare....I have awesome friends that will be there, so I really have nothing to worry about because I know they will be there to help.

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha, we used the same picture in our posts this week. lol :)

    ReplyDelete