Yesterday, Heather and I went back to the university to try to get our "Krankenversicherung" which is health insurance. We bought a day pass like last time so it was 6.40 Euros. We got to the train station right as the train was pulling away and it was the train we needed to be on to get to campus by 10am. So we ended up waiting for the next train that came 15 min. later. It was freezing cold that day and we had to wait for the train and the bus several times. Next time I might bring my sweater as back up just in case.
When we got to campus we went to the International office. When we got there we went into a room with the Krankenversicherung lady and we got that all taken care of. Then we could go to the Student secretary and get our student ID stuff started. While we were waiting this lady asked us if we were ERASMUS students (which is students withing the EU studying abroad) and we said no. She said to "come back on wednesday and she would help us with our student IDs because it was her job and the the lady that we were waiting for probably didn't have time for us."
After all that Heather and I had been through the past couple times being at the university we just waited to talk to the lady anyways. We had talked to her once before so we knew she was nice. So we waited about 10 minutes or so and then she called us in and did all of our stuff in about 20 minutes or so and then told us we could go get our student IDs! We were expecting to have to come back another day so that is why we bought a day pass for the train when we didn't really need it!
We went to the "Kartenbüro" which is the card office and they made us IDs right there and then we had to go get them validated at another spot on campus. But that is all done and we only have to go back to see how we did on our tests and see which classes we got put into.
Today we went to register at the "Rathaus" which is the town hall. It didn't take long to get registered and all we needed was our passports. We thought they needed birth certificate, immunization, etc. So we brought all of that stuff for nothing! But better safe than sorry I guess. When we were registering the guy was asking us questions and one of them was what religion we are. So Iris said that I am Christian and he said "but not catholic or evangelistic?" (In Germany you pay a tax if you are either one of those religions. So it is only a partial separation of church and state.) So he just put me as atheist since I wasn't Catholic or evangelistic. It is funny because our friend Sarah, who was here last year, had the exact opposite problem...they wouldn't let her put atheist so they made her christian.
Then after the Rathaus we went to go open a bank account. This took a while but it wasn't bad. The insurance lady said we needed a bank account for them to pull money out of automatically so that is the only reason why we were opening one. I think that is it for the past couple days! I think now I am just ready to start school!
Also April is getting very full and fast. So I am sure I will have lots of pictures from those trips to post.
![]() |
| Instead of Cool Ranch as a flavor....they have Cool American! |

No comments:
Post a Comment