So today was our "Einstufungstest" which is a placement exam to see how much German you know. So we woke up super early because our test was at 8:30 (angeblich 'allegedly' Ben's favorite word) and it took about an hour to travel to the university using public transportation. It was Heather's and my first trip by ourselves. We got to all of the places we needed to be at the times we needed to be there. When we arrived on campus we planned it so we had at least a half an hour before the test started, just in case something were to happen. So we were waiting and waiting, and then the test time came and went and we were really confused. We were at the right building because there was a ton of people waiting to take the test. There was probably about 100 people that took the test (it is weird to say but it was weird being the minority). Apparently the papers that we had were all wrong because the test wasn't until 9! so we could have slept in a little longer.
Anyways the test took about 2 and a half hours or so including our breaks in between. It seemed easier than I thought it was going to be so that was a good feeling. There was a girl next to me from Russia and I noticed that she didn't write anything on the first portion and if you didn't understand the first part you didn't have to stay for the second and so on until the end. So that gave me a little bit of a boost too knowing that I at least understood a lot. So Heather and I will find out next Thursday what class we are put in and what times our classes are.
After it was over we had our list of stuff we wanted to get done while we were there so that we didn't have to travel back to the university. Guess what! Ya more problems grrr. So we went to go get our insurance because we can't get our student ID until we have it and we can't start classes until we have been "immatrikulat"-ed which we need our student ID for. So they told us we can't get insurance because we are only here for one semester and that we would have to go to a private insurance agency. Makes a whole lot of sense right? So then we went to talk to the International office to see what they said and they said oh come back on Monday or Tuesday and they will help us with that. Bah so now that set us back because we were going to try and get our student IDs today but now we have to make at least two more trips to the University.
Ok I think I am done ranting now....
Oh and on the way back Heather and I stopped to get something to eat really quick and so we walked through the mall and they have a grocery store in there. We were thirst after our food and Heather wanted starbucks but didn't know how to order so we just went to the grocery store because it was easier....and they had Dr. Pepper! It was so awesome I grabbed one. It doesn't quite taste the same but I am still super excited!
No comments:
Post a Comment