Sunday, March 18, 2012

School, Little Italy and France

On Thursday we were all planning on going to the movie theater. Every week, I think, they show a movie that hasn't come out in the theaters yet and it is, I think, always in English. We were hoping it would be The Hunger Games because Heather, Iris and I really want to see that movie. Iris and I just finished reading the books. But as fate would have it they canceled the movie for that night. :( Now we will never know if it was that movie or not. At any rate we bought tickets for the movie in German which is called "Tribute von Panem". So we will be going to see that on Saturday.

Since we couldn't got to the movie we went out to eat instead. We went to this place called Little Italy. The food was good and decently priced. We all got our own large, which was so big I couldn't even finish it.

 Of course it was traditional Italian pizza so the crust was really thin. If it was american pizza I don't think I would have been able to eat half of it.


Yesterday, Saturday, we went to France. We went to this big store, kind of like Wal-mart. It was crazy to drive just a little ways and end up in a place with signs now in French. Just when I was starting to understand the signs here  in Germany we go to another country and I am once again lost.


It was cool to see how the buildings changed just from crossing the boarder into another country. But I must say that so far I wasn't super impressed with France. I know I only saw a little bit of it so I can't judge the whole country.

Last week was my first full week of school. I survived and it wasn't that bad. I have reading twice a week and my teacher was sick both days so I still haven't had that class yet. But for the most part I think that the classes will be okay.

Oh and on Friday I got to go to soccer practice with my friend Jan. It was fun but everyone was way better than me! But they say that is how you get better, to play with people that are better than you! So hopefully I will get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment