Sunday, April 22, 2012

Update since München (Munich)

I don't have a whole lot to talk about but I am bored so you are getting a blog post! This last week was the first week of actual school for the entire university. The number of people taking public transportation has probably double and the amount of people taking the buses to school has probably tripled or quadrupled. There is a sign on the bus that says 50 seats and 90 standing and then one wheel chair. I am pretty sure we come close to those numbers everyday. It doesn't matter what time you go, it is always packed on the bus. 

I am okay with it being packed because everyone gets off at the same stop as me. If I needed to go to a different stop I would be mad if I had to crawl over everyone but I don't so that is good. Heather can get claustrophobic so sometimes I will look and she will have her eyes closed trying not to think of how squished we all are on the bus. 

On Wednesday night I had really bad food poisoning or something and I was up until 3am throwing up. It was not fun. The next day I had a test in my grammar class that I didn't want to miss so I still went to school. I felt much better when I woke up, which makes me think it was food poisoning or something, my stomach was just really sore. Then on Friday I went to soccer practice and it hailed, rained, and was clear sky all in one practice.  I probably shouldn't have gone back to practice so soon because I was really light headed by the end of practice. It was still really fun though and I think I am getting better!

I am a little bit jealous of all the people in Boise who keep posting on Facebook about the super warm weather. We have only had rain and a little bit of sunshine. I think I have seen hail everyday since Thursday. So I have invested in an umbrella...finally. 


One other thing that I bought is license plates! Here they are called "Kennzeichen". They are really decently priced and so I got two. One is with my last name and then the other is one that could go on a car...if it was registered. I made it say SB which is the city Saarbrücken which all of them start with here. Then I had CS put on for my Initials and then the year that I studied abroad! 2012


When I was walking through one of the electronic store in the mall I came across a section called "Black Music". I know that this would be totally unacceptable in America. You can see in the picture there is some Rihanna, Stevie Wonder, Snoop dogg I think is in there too. And basically your jazz and soul music are all in this section....and some random 70's disco music.


No comments:

Post a Comment