Monday, April 30, 2012

Sarreguemines

Today Heather and I went to a town in France called Sarreguemines. It is pronounced like (sog-a-mund)...who knows the french do what they want. Anyways it is the last stop on the Saarbahn which we can ride for free with our student IDs.

Heather needed to get her special make-up that you can't find in Germany so we had to go to a Sephora that was in France to get it. We did pretty good getting around it was weird to randomly have everything be in french and all of the people are speaking french to you at the store. Good thing we were close to Germany and they spoke German.

We had lunch there which was an adventure. There was one girl who worked and everything was in French so we were trying to pronounce french words...we were making stuff up ha! and we were saying the stuff we wanted in German but I don't think she knew German or was a snooty french girl because she told us our totals in French...which we didn't know...I just gave her money and assumed it was enough! For one sandwich and a small coke it cost eight euros...so I wish I knew my french numbers to see if she short changed us.

I did get some cool photos but for the most part I missed Germany even if it was just for two hours. I can actually understand signs and what people are saying to me here! Anyways here are my pictures.







No comments:

Post a Comment