
On Wednesday Heather, Iris and I went to Stuttgart for a tennis tournament. The Porsche Grand Prix was the tournament we went to. It was of course in the "Porsche Arena" and there were Porsches everywhere. When we got to Stuttgart we had a little trouble finding the place but we were finally able to find it.

We got to watch four womens matches. I think I knew at least one girl from every match because the worlds top ten or something were playing! So I finally got to see a professional tournament. (Sorry Brenna...but we still will go!) The winner of the tournament gets a Porsche 911 and 125,000 dollars or euros I can't remember which one though.

We got to see Sharapova play, which we thought would be really annoying since she grunts/screams a lot when she hits the ball, but it was okay. Her opponent had to retire because of a shoulder injury so that match was only one set and maybe three games or so. After that match was Wozniacki versus Jankovic. Jankovic had to retire before the end of the first set because she was having back problems.
In other news I got an email from the study abroad office asking if I wanted to apply for a DAAD ambassador position. The DAAD is an organization that gives out scholarships and does study abroad programs all over Germany. If I apply and get a position I will get to fly to New York City for free for training. The only thing is that the training starts in New York City just two days after I get back from Germany. I will keep you updated on my decision.
 |
| Ivanovic |
 |
| Sharapova |
 |
| Jankovic |
 |
| Sharapova |
 |
| Wozniacki |
No comments:
Post a Comment