Saturday, February 9, 2013

My Return Up To Now

**I am bored at work so I think I am going to start writing my blogs again on the days that it is slow at work and I am working the front desk**

Well it has been a long time since my last post about Germany and next week it will be one year exactly since Heather and I left on our study abroad adventure! It seems like I haven't stopped moving since I got back. I arrived on a Tuesday and my boss had me back at work on Thursday! It was a little fast but I had no jet lag at all and it was like I hadn't missed a day. I picked up everything right where I left off. A few minor things I had to be refreshed on but for the most part everything came back like I had only been gone a week.

Last semester I had my Senior seminar for German and other classes that kept me busy and then I worked on the weekends. One of the guys at work had quit to go to his other job and so I had been working his morning shifts and so I became very tired of not having a single day where I got to sleep in. So is life I guess I am sure everyone with kids are laughing at this right now and saying "Welcome to every day of my life!" But let me tell you it got old and fast! But I did meet good friends and had lots of laughs so the semester wasnt all bad!

This semester I am only taking a German literature class and a Linguistic class, the bare minimum in order to waive my student loans for another semester. I only need three more classes to graduate but as luck would have it they aren't offered until next August :(  I have some German friends still here and one is taking a tennis class from Clancy, who I have taken tennis classes from before. Clancy said that I was welcome to join the class, for free!

Since my two classes and the tennis class are only on Tuesdays and Thursdays I have been able to work a lot more. I am now getting close to 40 hours a week which will make for some nice paydays, especially after having been in Germany and then only seeing my account balance go down and then coming back only to be able to barely pay rent let alone food. So I am looking forward to saving some of that money so that I won't feel like such a broke college student!

Since returning from Germany I have joined another soccer leauge. Before I left I played on a coed team and I am still on that team but now I am also on a men's team. Which I thought a little neccessary since my boss thought I looked a little chubbier since getting back! I think he was teasing but then maybe not! But it is also a lot of fun so I didn't mind playing soccer twice a week. So now with the two tennis days I feel like I am a very active person...but could be more active.

Speaking of tennis, during the super bowl I read on facebook that the Davis Cup is coming to Boise for the quarterfinals!!!! There is a chance that Djokovic will be coming to that match! It won't be for sure until about two weeks before the match but I am really hoping that he does come! I have a friend that works for the USTA here in Idaho so I am hoping that I get the chance to volunteer and am able to meet him....if he comes! I have already requested the days off for that weekend too! Sorry Sarah that I have been annoying! I am just so freaking excited for it!
Also one day after tennis class I asked at the front desk about jobs there at the "bubbles" and they said that they hire students so I might try and get a part time job there next fall in addition to the hotel!

Other than that I think I have pretty much caught you up! I may or may not have some more news here in a little bit but I am just waiting at the moment. I don't want to jinx anything so that is all I am gonna say!

No comments:

Post a Comment